Our new multigym at the mensshed is now all set up and ready to go!
Exercise in the shed will aid in combating high blood pressure, diabetes and arthritis.
Not only that it lowers depression and anxiety which is a step forward in and combating #socialisolation while having fun in the Shed.
This Shedder, Hector, has just had foot surgery but wants to get about Independently.
So, he’s loaned out our new Electric trike for a while. Look at him go!
A new Advice Hub has been launched in Loch Leven Health Centre near Kinross to provide support and information to the local community.
The Hub, which is based in Loch Leven Health Centre, has been set up by Perth and Kinross Health and Social Care Partnership Healthy Communities project and local Kinross-based charity, Broke not Broken.
The Hub will offer drop-in advice and support sessions on a range of topics, including benefits signposting, community connecting, job applications and drug and alcohol support services.
Perth and Kinross Health and Social Care Partnership Healthy communities Project Officer Shona Fowler said, “The new Advice Hub is a partnership between Kinross-shire charity Broke not Broken and the Health and Social Care Partnership and Loch Leven HC. It provides a much needed local drop-in facility to support people with benefit issues, community connections, advice and signposting to services and community organisations.
“As the Hub is in the Loch Leven Health Centre, it is accessible to everyone and is based in a discreet and comfortable venue. Our location also means health centre GPs and staff can easily refer their patients if needed.”
The Hub was developed following local public engagement meetings held by Broke not Broken to discuss the demand for support services in the local area. The Hub has also received donations from the local Time Exchange programme and Sainsbury’s supermarket to buy equipment.
The Hub will include:
• Community Connecting and signposting sessions every Thursday between 9.30am and 12.30pm. People can pop in to have a chat and find out more about local groups and organisations that can benefit their wellbeing. Appointments can also be made by calling 07896 280843.
• Perth and Kinross Drug and Alcohol Support Services will be hosting drop-in sessions on Thursdays between 10am to 12.30pm to provide advice and support. Appointments can also be made by calling 07766 991570
• Staff from Broke Not Broken will offer support and advice on topics such as receiving benefits, writing a CV or completing job application forms at drop in sessions on Fridays between 10am and 12noon.
• The Perth and Kinross Council Employability Service will also provide support on the third Friday of every month.
• A team from Macmillan Welfare rights will be on hand to offer advice on the first Friday of every month between 10am and 12noon.
If you require and further information about the Advice Hub, please contact Shona Fowler on 07896 280843 or email email@example.com
Thanks to all for supporting our Popup Shed today at Kinross Farmers Market.
Lots of interest in the Shed and also our bid for the Learning Centre.
Explaining to them that we may lose the bid to a private developer, as there are a few interested, really angered many. We’ve done all we can and now await the deadline.
Thanks to all of the Shedders and public for the support today!